Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to do my first book signing. Although it wasn't as successful as I'd hoped, I still wanted to express my thanks to the Nelson family at Ensign Books for giving me the opportunity.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, which we just celebrated, I wanted to take the opportunity to give thanks to all those who have helped me achieve my lifelong dream of getting my book published: I'd like to thank my wife Cheryl for all the support and encouragement she's given me over the years as I've struggled to find a publisher for my book. I'd like to likewise thank my family for all their support. Each of my siblings and inlaws, as well as most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins, have purchased a copy of my book - some multiple copies to give to others as gifts. I want to also thank all my friends, or friends of family members, who have also purchased copies of my book. I want to thank anyone who has recommended my book to someone else. I especially want to thank my parents who have done more than anyone to spread word about the book. I'd also like to thank each of those who read early drafts of The Narrows Escape, and gave me critical feedback to make it better and more marketable. In particular, I'd like to thank my friend Pat Mosbacker, an English teacher at Canyon View Junior High, who read my "proof," and helped me catch most of the minor errors that had crept in with all the revisions. I'd like to thank the ranger at Zion National Park who answered my many questions about standard operating procedures in case of a flash flood. I'd like to thank Jon Casbeer for suggesting I create a Facebook page for The Narrows Escape, and everyone who "liked" it. I'd like to thank each person who has "shared" one of my posts regarding my book. I'd like to thank Nanette Johansen for taking the time to write a review of the book. I'd like to thank each person who visits this blog regularly, increasing the traffic and thereby its popularity. I'd like to thank my sister Amy Strong for making me business cards to advertise the book. Finally, I'd like to thank Kent Minson for his insightful feedback and his help in getting the book published. I'd also like to thank all the other employees of Y Mountain Press who helped with the production of my book.
Enjoy the holidays! Brad Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment