Saturday, December 15, 2012

Movie theme song

As I was thinking about my blog, and what I should publish, Enya's "Wild Child" started playing. I immediately recalled the fact that I've often thought this would be the perfect song to be playing in the background of the flood scene in The Narrows Escape. In fact, I've recreated the entire scene in my mind's eye with the song playing in the background. In my mind's eye, the camera speed is about 60-75% of real speed as the characters are leaping obstacles, slipping on rocks, shouting warnings, and scrambling to climb to high ground while periodically glancing back at the wall of water and logs churning down the river channel. In any case, it makes for a thrilling scene. Now that it's published, making the book into a movie would be the ultimate success. It's a long shot, but you have to envision something before it can actually happen.
Regarding the themesong, what song would you choose? I'm interested in reading your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment